Play accent tarimas /ˈaks(ə)nt/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- the act of giving special importance or significance to something
- a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation
- the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch) "he put the stress on the wrong syllable"
- the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people "the immigrants spoke an odd dialect of English" "he has a strong German accent" "it has been said that a language is a dialect with an army and navy"
- special importance or significance "the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis" "the room was decorated in shades of grey with distinctive red accents"
- distinctive manner of oral expression "he couldn't suppress his contemptuous accent" "she had a very clear speech pattern"
- put stress on; utter with an accent "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
- to stress, single out as important "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
- give extra weight to (a communication) "Her gesture emphasized her words"