Play whiff tarimas /wɪf/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- a strikeout resulting from the batter swinging at and missing the ball for the third strike
- a lefteye flounder found in coastal waters from New England to Brazil
- a short light gust of air
- the sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form "she loved the smell of roses"
- utter with a puff of air "whiff out a prayer"
- smoke and exhale strongly "puff a cigar" "whiff a pipe"
- strike out by swinging and missing the pitch charged as the third
- drive or carry as if by a puff of air "The gust of air whiffed away the clouds"
- perceive by inhaling through the nose "sniff the perfume"