Play waking tarimas /ˈweɪkɪŋ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- the act of waking "it was an early awakening" "it was the waking up he hated most"
- the state of remaining awake "days of danger and nights of waking"
- marked by full consciousness or alertness "worked every moment of my waking hours"
- a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial "there's no weeping at an Irish wake"
- the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward "the motorboat's wake capsized the canoe"
- the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event) "the aftermath of war" "in the wake of the accident no one knew how many had been injured"
- an island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii
- stop sleeping "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
- cause to become awake or conscious "He was roused by the drunken men in the street" "Please wake me at 6 AM."
- be awake, be alert, be there