Play wait tarimas /weɪt/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something) "the wait was an ordeal for him"
- time during which some action is awaited "instant replay caused too long a delay" "he ordered a hold in the action"
- look forward to the probable occurrence of "We were expecting a visit from our relatives" "She is looking to a promotion" "he is waiting to be drafted"
- serve as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant "I'm waiting on tables at Maxim's"
- stay in one place and anticipate or expect something "I had to wait on line for an hour to get the tickets"
- wait before acting "the scientists held off announcing their results until they repeated the experiment"
- provide (usually but not necessarily food) "We serve meals for the homeless" "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M." "The entertainers served up a lively show"