Play upsetting tarimas /ʌpˈsɛtɪŋ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- causing an emotional disturbance "his disconcerting habit of greeting friends ferociously and strangers charmingly" - Herb Caen "an upsetting experience"
- disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress "I cannot sleep--my daughter's health is worrying me"
- bring disorder to
- be a mystery or bewildering to "This beats me!" "Got me--I don't know the answer!" "a vexing problem" "This question really stuck me"
- disturb the balance or stability of "The hostile talks upset the peaceful relations between the two countries"
- defeat suddenly and unexpectedly "The foreign team upset the local team"
- form metals with a swage
- move deeply "This book upset me" "A troubling thought"
- cause to lose one's composure
- cause to overturn from an upright or normal position "The cat knocked over the flower vase" "the clumsy customer turned over the vase" "he tumped over his beer"