Play trying tarimas /ˈtrʌɪɪŋ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law "He was condemned to ten years in prison"
- put on a garment in order to see whether it fits and looks nice "Try on this sweater to see how it looks"
- melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities "try the yak butter" "render fat in a casserole"
- take a sample of "Try these new crackers" "Sample the regional dishes"
- test the limits of "You are trying my patience!"
- give pain or trouble to "I've been sorely tried by these students"
- examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process "The jury had heard all the evidence" "The case will be tried in California"
- put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife" "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials"
- make an effort or attempt "He tried to shake off his fears" "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps" "The police attempted to stop the thief" "He sought to improve himself" "She always seeks to do good in the world"
- put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to "This approach has been tried with good results" "Test this recipe"