Play transplant tarimas /transˈplɑːnt/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- an operation moving an organ from one organism (the donor) to another (the recipient) "he had a kidney transplant" "the long-term results of cardiac transplantation are now excellent" "a child had a multiple organ transplant two months ago"
- (surgery) tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient; in some cases the patient can be both donor and recipient
- the act of removing something from one location and introducing it in another location "the transplant did not flower until the second year" "too frequent transplanting is not good for families" "she returned to Alabama because she could not bear ..."
- transfer from one place or period to another "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"
- lift and reset in another soil or situation "Transplant the young rice plants"
- be transplantable "These delicate plants do not transplant easily"
- place the organ of a donor into the body of a recipient