Play suck tarimas /sʌk/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- the act of sucking
- draw into the mouth by creating a practical vacuum in the mouth "suck the poison from the place where the snake bit" "suck on a straw" "the baby sucked on the mother's breast"
- give suck to "The wetnurse suckled the infant" "You cannot nurse your baby in public in some places"
- take in, also metaphorically "The sponge absorbs water well" "She drew strength from the minister's words"
- draw something in by or as if by a vacuum "Mud was sucking at her feet"
- attract by using an inexorable force, inducement, etc. "The current boom in the economy sucked many workers in from abroad"
- provide sexual gratification through oral stimulation
- be inadequate or objectionable "this sucks!"
- take in liquids "The patient must drink several liters each day" "The children like to drink soda"
- take up as if with a sponge