Play sting tarimas /stɪŋ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- a sharp organ of offense or defense (as of a wasp or stingray or scorpion) often connected with a poison gland
- a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- a painful wound caused by the thrust of an insect's stinger into skin
- a mental pain or distress "a pang of conscience"
- a kind of pain; something as sudden and painful as being stung "the sting of death" "he felt the stinging of nettles"
- a needlelike part or structure of a plant or animal or crystal; as a spine or bristle or crystal
- saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous "They stuck me with the dinner bill" "I was stung with a huge tax bill"
- deliver a sting to "A bee stung my arm yesterday"
- cause an emotional pain, as if by stinging "His remark stung her"
- cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort "The sun burned his face"