Play stifle tarimas /ˈstʌɪf(ə)l/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- breathe with great difficulty, as when experiencing a strong emotion "She choked with emotion when she spoke about her deceased husband"
- be asphyxiated; die from lack of oxygen "The child suffocated under the pillow"
- smother or suppress "Stifle your curiosity"
- impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of "The foul air was slowly suffocating the children"
- conceal or hide "smother a yawn" "muffle one's anger" "strangle a yawn"
- struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake "he swallowed a fishbone and gagged"
- put out, as of fires, flames, or lights "Too big to be extinguished at once, the forest fires at best could be contained" "quench the flames" "snuff out the candles"
- joint between the femur and tibia in a quadruped; corresponds to the human knee
- In horses, cattle, and other quadrupeds, the joint between the femur and the tibia, corresponding to the human knee.