Play slate tarimas /sleɪt/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- expose while ridiculing; especially of pretentious or false claims and ideas "The physicist debunked the psychic's claims"
- cover with slates.
- designate or schedule "He slated his talk for 9 AM" "She was slated to be his successor"
- cover with slate "slate the roof"
- enter on a list or slate for an election "He was slated for borough president"
- (formerly) a writing tablet made of slate
- a fine-grained metamorphic rock that can be split into thin layers
- thin layers of rock used for roofing
- an amount due (as at a restaurant or bar) "add it to my score and I'll settle later"
- a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices