Play shy tarimas /ʃʌɪ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- the act of flinging
- a quick throw "he gave the ball a shy to the first baseman"
- wary and distrustful; disposed to avoid persons or things "shy of strangers"
- easily startled or frightened
- lacking self-confidence "stood in the doorway diffident and abashed" "problems that call for bold not timid responses" "a very unsure young man"
- short "eleven is one shy of a dozen"
- self-consciously timid "I never laughed, being bashful; lowering my head, I looked at the wall" - Ezra Pound
- throw quickly
- start suddenly, as from fright
- stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds "The horse reared in terror"