Play shrivelled tarimas /ˈʃrɪvld/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- reduced in efficacy or vitality or intensity "our shriveled receipts during the storm" "as the project wore on she found her enthusiasm shriveled" "the dollar's shrunken buying power"
- lean and wrinkled by shrinkage as from age or illness "the old woman's shriveled skin" "he looked shriveled and ill" "a shrunken old man" "a lanky scarecrow of a man with withered face and lantern jaws" -W.F.Starkie "he did well despite his withe..."
- (used especially of vegetation) having lost all moisture "dried-up grass" "the desert was edged with sere vegetation" "shriveled leaves on the unwatered seedlings" "withered vines"
- decrease in size, range, or extent "His earnings shrank" "My courage shrivelled when I saw the task before me"
- wither, as with a loss of moisture "The fruit dried and shriveled"