Play shock tarimas /ʃɒk/
- Žemės drebėjimas
- plaukų kupeta
- kelti pasibaisėjimą
- kelti pasipiktinimą
- krauti į gubas
- kupeta plaukų
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- the violent interaction of individuals or groups entering into combat "the armies met in the shock of battle"
- an unpleasant or disappointing surprise "it came as a shock to learn that he was injured"
- an instance of agitation of the earth's crust "the first shock of the earthquake came shortly after noon while workers were at lunch"
- the feeling of distress and disbelief that you have when something bad happens accidentally "his mother's death left him in a daze" "he was numb with shock"
- a bushy thick mass (especially hair) "he had an unruly shock of black hair"
- a pile of sheaves of grain set on end in a field to dry; stalks of Indian corn set up in a field "corn is bound in small sheaves and several sheaves are set up together in shocks" "whole fields of wheat in shock"
- (pathology) bodily collapse or near collapse caused by inadequate oxygen delivery to the cells; characterized by reduced cardiac output and rapid heartbeat and circulatory insufficiency and pallor "loss of blood is an important cause of shock"
- a sudden jarring impact "the door closed with a jolt" "all the jars and jolts were smoothed out by the shock absorbers"
- an abrupt spasmodic movement
- a reflex response to the passage of electric current through the body "subjects received a small electric shock when they made the wrong response" "electricians get accustomed to occasional shocks"