Play sacrifice tarimas /ˈsakrɪfʌɪs/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- (baseball) an out that advances the base runners
- the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.
- the act of killing (an animal or person) in order to propitiate a deity
- personnel that are sacrificed (e.g., surrendered or lost in order to gain an objective)
- a loss entailed by giving up or selling something at less than its value "he had to sell his car at a considerable sacrifice"
- kill or destroy "The animals were sacrificed after the experiment" "The general had to sacrifice several soldiers to save the regiment"
- make a sacrifice of; in religious rituals
- endure the loss of "He gave his life for his children" "I gave two sons to the war"
- sell at a loss