Play repressed tarimas /rɪˈprɛst/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- characterized by or showing the suppression of impulses or emotions "her severe upbringing had left her inhibited" "a very inhibited young man, anxious and ill at ease" "their reactions were partly the product of pent-up emotions" "repressed rage..."
- come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority "The government oppresses political activists"
- put out of one's consciousness
- conceal or hide "smother a yawn" "muffle one's anger" "strangle a yawn"
- put down by force or intimidation "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising" "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently" "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
- block the action of
- control and refrain from showing; of emotions, desires, impulses, or behavior