Play represent tarimas /rɛprɪˈzɛnt/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets)
- bring forward and present to the mind "We presented the arguments to him" "We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
- point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance "our parents represented to us the need for more caution"
- express indirectly by an image, form, or model; be a symbol "What does the Statue of Liberty symbolize?"
- describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality "He represented this book as an example of the Russian 19th century novel"
- serve as a means of expressing something "The flower represents a young girl"
- create an image or likeness of "The painter represented his wife as a young girl"
- perform (a play), especially on a stage "we are going to stage `Othello'"
- play a role or part "Gielgud played Hamlet" "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role" "She played the servant to her husband's master"
- be a delegate or spokesperson for; represent somebody's interest or be a proxy or substitute for, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute "I represent the silent majority"