Play race tarimas /reɪs/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- a special variety of domesticated animals within a species "he experimented on a particular breed of white rats" "he created a new strain of sheep"
- a canal for a current of water
- a contest of speed "the race is to the swift"
- any competition "the race for the presidency"
- people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock "some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings"
- (biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species
- the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- the sport of engaging in contests of speed
- act or move at high speed "We have to rush!" "hurry--it's late!"
- move headlong at high speed "The cars careered down the road" "The mob careered through the streets"