Play pound tarimas /paʊnd/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- beat rapidly "His heart palpitated"
- break into small pieces "The car crushed the toy"
- the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows) "the sudden hammer of fists caught him off guard" "the pounding of feet on the hallway"
- a public enclosure for stray or unlicensed dogs "unlicensed dogs will be taken to the pound"
- a nontechnical unit of force equal to the mass of 1 pound with an acceleration of free fall equal to 32 feet/sec/sec
- the basic unit of money in Great Britain and Northern Ireland; equal to 100 pence
- the basic unit of money in Cyprus; equal to 100 cents
- the basic unit of money in Egypt; equal to 100 piasters
- formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 pence
- the basic unit of money in Lebanon; equal to 100 piasters