Play mute tarimas /mjuːt/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
- expressed without speech "a mute appeal" "a silent curse" "best grief is tongueless" - Emily Dickinson "the words stopped at her lips unsounded" "unspoken grief" "choking exasperation and wordless shame" - Thomas Wolfe
- lacking power of speech
- temporarily incapable of speaking "struck dumb" "speechless with shock"
- not made to sound "the silent `h' at the beginning of `honor'" "in French certain letters are often unsounded"
- a device used to soften the tone of a musical instrument
- a deaf person who is unable to speak
- deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping