Play mortifying tarimas /ˈmɔːtɪfʌɪɪŋ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- causing awareness of your shortcomings "golf is a humbling game"
- causing to feel shame or chagrin or vexation "the embarrassing moment when she found her petticoat down around her ankles" "it was mortifying to know he had heard every word"
- censure severely "She chastised him for his insensitive remarks"
- undergo necrosis "the tissue around the wound necrosed"
- cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of "He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
- hold within limits and control "subdue one's appetites" "mortify the flesh"
- practice self-denial of one's body and appetites