Play hoist tarimas /hɔɪst/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building
- an elevator designed for carrying freight
- lifting device for raising heavy or cumbersome objects
- lifting device consisting of a horizontal cylinder turned by a crank on which a cable or rope winds
- raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
- raise "hoist the flags" "hoist a sail"
- move from one place to another by lifting "They hoisted the patient onto the operating table"
- raise in rank or condition "The new law lifted many people from poverty"