Play halt tarimas /hɔːlt/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- remain in place; hold still; remain fixed or immobile "Traffic stood still when the funeral procession passed by"
- disabled in the feet or legs "a crippled soldier" "a game leg"
- an interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement "a halt in the arms race" "a nuclear freeze"
- the event of something ending "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill"
- the state of inactivity following an interruption "the negotiations were in arrest" "held them in check" "during the halt he got some lunch" "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow" "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
- a spot where something halts or pauses "his next stop is Atlanta"
- stop the flow of a liquid "staunch the blood flow" "stem the tide"
- cause to stop "Halt the engines" "Arrest the progress" "halt the presses"
- come to a halt, stop moving "the car stopped" "She stopped in front of a store window"
- stop from happening or developing "Block his election" "Halt the process"