Play guard tarimas /ɡɑːd/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- a position on a basketball team
- (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage "guards must be good blockers"
- the duty of serving as a sentry "he was on guard that night"
- a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc. "he put an ice pack on the injury as a precaution" "an insurance policy is a good safeguard" "we let our guard down"
- a device designed to prevent injury or accidents
- a posture of defence in boxing or fencing "keep your guard up"
- the person who plays that position on a football team "the left guard was injured on the play"
- a person who keeps watch over something or someone
- the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team
- a military unit serving to protect some place or person