Play grasping tarimas /ˈɡrɑːspɪŋ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- an appendage to hold onto
- the act of grasping "he released his clasp on my arm" "he has a strong grip for an old man" "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
- an intellectual hold or understanding "a good grip on French history" "they kept a firm grip on the two top priorities" "he was in the grip of a powerful emotion" "a terrible power had her in its grasp"
- the limit of capability "within the compass of education"
- understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something "he has a good grasp of accounting practices"
- get the meaning of something "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
- hold firmly
- Force exerted when gripping or grasping.
- immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth "they are avaricious and will do anything for money" "casting covetous eyes on his neighbor's fields" "a grasping old miser" "grasping commercialism" "greedy for money and power" "grew richer and g..."
- the act of gripping something firmly with the hands (or the tentacles)