Play gay tarimas /ɡeɪ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- characterized by liveliness and lightheartedness "buoyant spirits" "his quick wit and chirpy humor" "looking bright and well and chirpy" "a perky little widow in her 70s"
- bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer "a cheery hello" "a gay sunny room" "a sunny smile"
- brightly colored and showy "girls decked out in brave new dresses" "brave banners flying" "`braw' is a Scottish word" "a dress a bit too gay for her years" "birds with gay plumage"
- homosexual or arousing homosexual desires
- given to social pleasures often including dissipation "led a gay Bohemian life" "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies"
- offering fun and gaiety "a festive (or festal) occasion" "gay and exciting night life" "a merry evening"
- full of or showing high-spirited merriment "when hearts were young and gay" "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company" - Wordsworth "the jolly crowd at the reunion" "jolly old Saint Nick" "a jovial old gentleman" "have a merry Chris..."
- person who is attracted solely or primarily to others of the same sex
- someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex