Play gag tarimas /ɡaɡ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- restraint put into a person's mouth to prevent speaking or shouting
- a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter "he told a very funny joke" "he knows a million gags" "thanks for the laugh" "he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest" "even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable poi..."
- a court order restricting information or comment by the participants involved in a lawsuit "imposing a gag order on members of the press violates the First Amendment"
- make an unsuccessful effort to vomit; strain to vomit
- cause to retch or choke
- struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake "he swallowed a fishbone and gagged"
- make jokes or quips "The students were gagging during dinner"
- tie a gag around someone's mouth in order to silence them "The burglars gagged the home owner and tied him to a chair"
- be too tight; rub or press "This neckband is choking the cat"
- prevent from speaking out "The press was gagged"