Play function tarimas /ˈfʌŋ(k)ʃ(ə)n/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group "the function of a teacher" "the government must do its part" "play its role"
- what something is used for "the function of an auger is to bore holes" "ballet is beautiful but what use is it?"
- a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program
- a vaguely specified social event "the party was quite an affair" "an occasion arranged to honor the president" "a seemingly endless round of social functions"
- a formal or official social gathering or ceremony "it was a black-tie function"
- a relation such that one thing is dependent on another "height is a function of age" "price is a function of supply and demand"
- (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
- perform duties attached to a particular office or place or function "His wife officiated as his private secretary"
- perform as expected when applied "The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in" "Does this old car still run well?" "This old radio doesn't work anymore"
- serve a purpose, role, or function "The tree stump serves as a table" "The female students served as a control group" "This table would serve very well" "His freedom served him well" "The table functions as a desk"