Play flood tarimas /flʌd/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- a heavy rain
- fill or cover completely, usually with water
- cover with liquid, usually water "The swollen river flooded the village" "The broken vein had flooded blood in her eyes"
- become filled to overflowing "Our basement flooded during the heavy rains"
- fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid "the basement was inundated after the storm" "The images flooded his mind"
- supply with an excess of "flood the market with tennis shoes" "Glut the country with cheap imports from the Orient"
- a large flow
- the act of flooding; filling to overflowing
- light that is a source of artificial illumination having a broad beam; used in photography
- the occurrence of incoming water (between a low tide and the following high tide) "a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune" -Shakespeare