Play endure tarimas /ɪnˈdjʊə/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- put up with something or somebody unpleasant "I cannot bear his constant criticism" "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks" "he learned to tolerate the heat" "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- undergo or be subjected to "He suffered the penalty" "Many saints suffered martyrdom"
- continue to live through hardship or adversity "We went without water and food for 3 days" "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America" "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents" "how long can a person last without food and water?"
- continue to exist "These stories die hard" "The legend of Elvis endures"
- persist for a specified period of time "The bad weather lasted for three days"
- last and be usable "This dress wore well for almost ten years"
- face and withstand with courage "She braved the elements"
- keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction "We preserve these archeological findings" "The old lady could not keep up the building" "children must be taught to conserve our national heritage" "The museum curator conserved the ancient manuscripts"