Play drown tarimas /draʊn/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- fill or cover completely, usually with water
- die from being submerged in water, getting water into the lungs, and asphyxiating "The child drowned in the lake"
- get rid of as if by submerging "She drowned her trouble in alcohol"
- kill by submerging in water "He drowned the kittens"
- cover completely or make imperceptible "I was drowned in work" "The noise drowned out her speech"
- be covered with or submerged in a liquid "the meat was swimming in a fatty gravy"