Play deny tarimas /dɪˈnʌɪ/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- declare untrue; contradict "He denied the allegations" "She denied that she had taken money"
- refuse to accept or believe "He denied his fatal illness"
- refuse to recognize or acknowledge "Peter denied Jesus"
- deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a legal suit
- refuse to let have "She denies me every pleasure" "he denies her her weekly allowance"
- deny oneself (something); restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure "She denied herself wine and spirits"
- refuse to grant, as of a petition or request "The dean denied the students' request for more physics courses" "the prisoners were denied the right to exercise for more than 2 hours a day"