Play defeat tarimas /dɪˈfiːt/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- command against "I forbid you to call me late at night" "Mother vetoed the trip to the chocolate store" "Dad nixed our plans"
- prove superior "The champion prevailed, though it was a hard fight"
- win a victory over "You must overcome all difficulties" "defeat your enemies" "He overcame his shyness" "He overcame his infirmity" "Her anger got the better of her and she blew up"
- thwart the passage of "kill a motion" "he shot down the student's proposal"
- an unsuccessful ending to a struggle or contest "it was a narrow defeat" "the army's only defeat" "they suffered a convincing licking"
- the feeling that accompanies an experience of being thwarted in attaining your goals
- defeat thoroughly "He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
- destroy completely; damage irreparably "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!" "The tears ruined her make-up"