Play contend tarimas /kənˈtɛnd/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- maintain or assert "He contended that Communism had no future"
- have an argument about something
- to make the subject of dispute, contention, or litigation "They contested the outcome of the race"
- compete for something; engage in a contest; measure oneself against others
- come to terms with "We got by on just a gallon of gas" "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight "the tribesmen fought each other" "Siblings are always fighting" "Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
- state categorically