Play colony tarimas /ˈkɒləni/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- (microbiology) a group of organisms grown from a single parent cell
- a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland; inhabitants remain nationals of their home state but are not literally under the home state's system of government "the American colony in Paris"
- a geographical area politically controlled by a distant country
- a group of organisms of the same type living or growing together
- a place where a group of people with the same interest or occupation are concentrated "a nudist colony" "an artists' colony"
- one of the 13 British colonies that formed the original states of the United States