Play alarm tarimas /əˈlɑːm/
Paaiškinimas anglų kalba
- a warning serves to make you more alert to danger
- a device that signals the occurrence of some undesirable event
- an automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger
- fear resulting from the awareness of danger
- a clock that wakes a sleeper at some preset time
- warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness "The empty house alarmed him" "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"
- fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised "I was horrified at the thought of being late for my interview" "The news of the executions horrified us"
- cause to sound "sound the bell" "sound a certain note"